Grilled Pesto Turkey with Dill Potatoes
This is quick recipe for lunch or light dinner. Pesto is not a traditional paste in Poland, but it is very popular and healty. Turkey has recently replaced chicken for its less additives and hormones – it id definietely more healthy.
This meal is an idea for you. Pesto – unfortunatelly is not home made – but it is good quality Italian jar I get in a local store. Small potatoes are best choice to pair with turkey, but you can as well go with nother side e.g. rice.
Give it a try and let me know what yout think.
PREP TIME: 20 min (+ marinading time)
NEED: Grilling pan
- 1 turkey breast (1 lb or less), cut in 1/2 inch (1cm)
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 2 tsbp olive
- pinch of salt
- 1 lb (1/2 kg) potatoes
- handfulof dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayo
- pinch of chili powder
- Massage pesto, olive oil and pinch of salt into turkey breast, marinade for an hour or so in refrigerator.
- Cook potatoes in salted water, 15-20 min, until soft, then drain. Add butter and dill, shake well until potatoes are covered.
- In the meantime, heat up grilling pan or electic grill, and fry turkey on medium heat for 5-10 min – or until meat in no longer raw. Remove from pan and cut in strips.
- Mix together sour cream, mayo and chili. Place over sliced turkey.
- Serve hot.
PAIR WITH: vegetables, salads, e.g. Polish ‘Mizeria’ – Cucumber Salad Recipe, Greek-style Salad, Sweet Carrot & Apple Salad Recipe, White Cabbage Surowka Salad Recipe (Coleslaw)