Beef & Tofu Flat Noodles
Just quick comment – fast, yummy and home made flat noodles like from a restaurant. Nothing else – just try it out.
And you already know – not a Polish recipe at all – but I thought worth sharing with you.
PREP TIME: 15-20 min
- 2 tbsp dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (for marinating)
- 4 tbsp Oil (for cooking)
- 50g / 1/8 lb fresh Beef, cut very thin
- 50-70g Flat Noodle
- 2 Garlic gloves, sliced
- Handful of Green Onions, cut 1 inch
- Handful of Bean Sprouts (optional)
- 50g / 1/4 lb Tofu, cut in dices (optional)
- Dry Noodle – prepare according to instructions. I pour warm/hot tap water over noodles to cover them, soak for half an hour until al dente, leave.
- Mix together the dark soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Marinate the sliced beef in the 3tbsp soy sauce for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a nonstick wok or large skillet on medium– high heat. Fry the beef for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Clean the wok with paper towel.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the cleaned wok and return to medium–high heat. Add the garlic and cook until very aromatic. Add the tofu, green onions and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add beef and stir fry for 30 sec.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the sauce and the noodles (drained) to the pan (wok). Stir everything quickly to ensure the noodles are fully coated with the sauce. Let the noodles sit undisturbed for about 60 seconds. flip noodles over and let sit again for another 60 seconds. Let the noodles get that caramelized flavor. Sprinkle with been sprouts. Serve immediately.