Homemade Hummus with Celery & Carrot Sticks
This recipe is from an original Easy Hummus Recipe posted HERE.
PREP TIME: 10 min (+12 hrs)
- 350 g dried chickpeas (*substitute with 750g cooked/canned)
- 4 tsp tahini paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp oil (or delicate in taste olive oil)
- Water from chickpeas
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Optional – pinch of pepper or chili
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- Rinse chickpeas under cool water, out in a pot and cover water twice as much as beans. Leave overnight or for 8-12 hours.
- Rinse chickpeas, cover with 6 cups of water, bring to boil and cook on low heat for 1 hour until soft. Let it cool. Rinse but save the water in a cup. (Skip these 2 steps if you are using canned or cooked chickpeas)
- Drained, cooled chickpeas into the food processor.
- Add all other ingredients for this recipe: tahini, garlic, oil, 1/2 cup of water from chickpeas, salt, cumin, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper/chili.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Add more ‘water from chickpeas’ until desired texture, smooth and creamy.
- Peel carrot and cut into 1/2 inch (1cm) wide and 2 inch (5cm) long sticks or use baby carrots
- Cut celery similar to carrot (step 6)