Herring Peas & Corn Salad
Delicious and popular herring salad (pol: salatka sledziowa)that can be served anytime during the year, but in Poland it is very welcome during Holiday, traditionally on Christmas Eve or during lent.
Easy to prepare, it does not look as tasty as it is.
PREP TIME: 20 min
NEED: 2 qt/l bowl
- 8-10 herrings in oil, remove excess oil with paper towel, cut in thin strips
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 small apple, seeds removed, cut in 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm
- 6 mini pickles, cut in 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup green peas, canned or cooked
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Combine gently all ingredients together in a bowl (#1-6)
- Combine mayo and sour cream together and add to herring and vegetables
PAIR WITH: bread or eat alone