Easy Hummus Recipe
Another – not a all polish – and until very recently – not very popular dip/snack in Poland. But very famous around the world, especially where half of my heart belongs – United Stated.
Eaten most of the time as a dip with fresh veggies – carrots, celery sticks, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers but also all kind of chips and breads. This is one of the most healthy dips of all, rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Delicious, healthy and easy to prepare – do you need more?
PREP TIME: 10 min (+12 hrs)
- 350 g dried chickpeas (*substitute with 750g cooked/canned)
- 4 tsp tahini paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp oil (or delicate in taste olive oil)
- Water from chickpeas
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Optional – pinch of pepper or chili
- Rinse chickpeas under cool water, out in a pot and cover water twice as much as beans. Leave overnight or for 8-12 hours.
- Rinse chickpeas, cover with 6 cups of water, bring to boil and cook on low heat for 1 hour until soft. Let it cool. Rinse but save the water in a cup. (Skip these 2 steps if you are using canned or cooked chickpeas)
- Drained, cooled chickpeas into the food processor.
- Add all other ingredients for this recipe: tahini, garlic, oil, 1/2 cup of water from chickpeas, salt, cumin, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper/chili.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Add more ‘water from chickpeas’ until desired texture, smooth and creamy.
PAIR WITH: carrot, celery sticks, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, corn chips, all kind of breads