Asian-style Vermicelli Noodles with Vegetables
Sweet, sour and spicy – that’s how I would describe this meal in 3 words. Definitely, one of my favorite and it brings me back to Vietnam or somewhere close… Give it a try and let me know if it takes you there too.
NEED: wok or large pan
- 1 small onion (50g), cut in matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot (150g), cut in matchsticks
- piece of leek (50g), cut in matchsticks
- small bell pepper (100g), cut in matchsticks
- 1/3 lime, sliced
- 4 slices peeled ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- bunch of green onions
- (optional) handful of peanuts, roasted, can be salted
- oil for cooking
- pinch of chili flakes (or fresh chilis chopped)
- 100g vermicelli noodles (3.5 OZ)
- Prepare noodles according to directions, drain
- Add oil to the pan to cover it, add pinch of chilis (#11-12) and heat up, low heat, approx. 5 min. This step is to allow spice from chilis into the oil and then the whole meal.
- Meanwhile, prepare veggies by cutting in matchsticks (#1-4)
- Prepare paste by chopping finely ginger and lime with skin (#5-6). In small bowl mix together with soy sauce (#8) and sugar (#7).
- Add all veggies to the the pan and stir fry high heat for 5 min (veggies should be al dente, little crispy)
- Remove from heat – add lime/ginger paste, soy sauce, sugar, stir in and add noodles (#13) and mix all well
- Put back on low heat for 2 min stirring constantly.
PAIR WITH: green tea