Polish Pickled Chanterelles Mushroom
Bring the autumn memories any time in the year by opening a jar with home made pickled mushroom. Pickles, very popular in Poland and polish cuisine. Can be served on the side with finger food, added to salad or in a sandwich.
SERVES: 4-6 jars
PREP TIME: 15 min
NEED: 6 1-cup jars, 3 liter / quart pot, 1 liter / quart pot
- 500g wild chanterelles, cleaned (see here)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 small onion
- 6 garlic gloves
- 6 bay leaf
- 12 allspice
- 3 tsp mustard seeds
- Bring to boil 2 liters of water in a large pot, add mushroom and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes
- In each jar, prepare spices (1 bay leaf, 2 all spice, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds), 1 garlic clove and 1 layer of onion (ingredients #6-8)
- In a small pot, bring to boil vinegar, water, salt and sugar (ingredients #2-5)
- Using a spoon, pack as many mushroom as you can in one jar
- Cover mushroom with hot liquid and let cool.
- Seal the jar and let marinade for 5 days.
- Store for months in dark place (like cabinet).
PAIR WITH: salads, bread, eat on the side, with sandwich, as snack or finger food, with cheese platter, and many more