Healthy Oatmeal with Berries & Almonds Recipe
This is a perfect idea for a healthy start of your day – oatmeal.
I think we all know by now, why oatmeal is so popular but maybe some of you remember oatmeal as boring and grey.
My dad is an example, as when he visited me he always said he doesn’t like oatmeal. I made it recently and finally for him to try. He ate it all without a word, asked for a recipe and he now eats it every other day when he wakes up.
I wouldn’t make it a daily routine unless you like, because for me everything done in a routine gets boring, but I recommend to eat such breakfast few times a week to keep a healthy balance, keep your heart in a good shape as well as your blood cholesterol low.
From the below recipe, just multiply by the number of people to make desired amount. As for fruit, you can use fresh or frozen, I use frozen berries.
PREP TIME: 5 min
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water (or milk, any type)
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 banana, cut in slices or halves
- 1 tbsp honey
- All ingredients 1-4 oats, water, berries, sugar in a pot, mix together
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for 4 minutes
- Take from heat, sprinkle almonds, banana and our honey over and serve
PAIR WITH: coffee, juice 🙂