Roasted Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
Asparagus – my favorite green veggie, although available year round, freshest from the farm market during spring and summer. Low in fat and calories eaten alone, but in this recipe – thanks to fats from Parmesan and oil – full of absorbable fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K.
Do you know you shouldn’t cut the asparagus?
To make sure you eat the fresh and crispy part from the stem and eliminate the woody part – break them off by bending until they snap in two. This natural snap-off point is where the unpalatable toughness ends, and the tender asparagus begins.
This is a very simple recipe everyone can get done – let me know if you try.
PREP TIME: 15 min
- 250g (1/2 lb) asparagus
- pinch of salt (for water)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves (optional), halves
- Break the woody stem off by bending until they snap
- Place in a pan, cover with water + pinch of salt and bring to boil
- Drain and set aside
- In the same pan, place garlic and heat up
- Add asparagus, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover. Simmer on low heat for 10 min (until Parmesan melts) and serve
PAIR WITH: potatoes, fish, meat, pasta, rice or eat alone