Easy Butter Cake with Fruit
I do not bake a lot, but when I do it must be easy. Multi step cakes – as much as deliciousÂ they are – as much I find millionÂ other things to do. A bit afraid that I will mess up something along the way, and it will ruin the whole effort, I am a fan of easy quick recipes. And here you go – butter cake – in Poland it is ‘Ciasto Ucierane’.
Most of the time you will find all ingredients in your fridge. Butter, flour, sugar, milk, eggs and fruit – I bet you have it without some special shopping.
Except for Banana Bread, that for long time was on the top of my list, now this recipe is first.Â
Try it, and let me know what you think.
PREP TIME: 10 min + 40 min baking
- 1 cup of melted butter (or 50/50 butter and margarine)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp of potato flour
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups of fruit (can be fresh or frozen, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, plums) or rhubarb
For this recipe you can use food processor (big one) or mixer. I am using Thermomix that is pretty popular in Europe. It substitutes for a mixer and blender in my house so it saves space in my kitchen which is always very valuable.
You will need baking pan 20 cm x 30 cm (8 in x 12 in)
- Preheat over to 180C (350F)
- Add sugar and eggs (in this particular order) into the mixer and mix on medium power for 90 seconds.
- Add potato flour, flour, baking powder, and milk into the mixer – mix on low power for 90 seconds. After one minute, slowly start adding melted butter.
- Grease baking pan with butter or oil, add mixture to the pan.
- Sprinkle fruit gently on top of the mixture and bake for 40 min. (Cut fruit into small pieces, otherwise they will sink to the bottom of the pan, e.g. plums should be cut in slices or halves, you can sprinkle fruit with flour so it can help prevent them from slipping to the bottom of the pan)
PAIR WITH: tea, coffee, wine