Wax Beans with Oats, Garlic &Onion
One of my favourite in the summer time when in season.
PREP TIME: 20 min
NEED: 1 l pot, 1 frying pan
- 300g (0.6 lb) wax beans, cut stem on one side
- 1 small onion, cut in small pieces/feathers
- 1-2 garlic cloves, cut in slices
- 2 tbsp of oats
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt + some to sprinke
- Place wax beans in a pot, cover with water, add 1/2 tsp salt, bring to boil and simmer on low/medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until al dente.
- In the meantime, add oil to the pan, slices garlic, oats and cut onion. Heat up and stir on medium heat until oats are slightly browned. This should be around time when beans are ready.
- Drain wax beans and add to the frying pan. stir together so the beans are coated in oil and oats and simmer on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Ready to serve – sprinkle with sea salt
Any time of dinner as a side or eat alone as snack.