Oven Broiled Yam & Potato French Fries
This is my favorite option for French fries if I really feel like I need to eat some. And I do – from time to time – eat fries. This time, they are not deep oil fried ones, but an oven broiled ‘better’ version. I am not trying to say these are 100% healthy like they were steamed, but this option is definitely somewhere in between.
As always on my page – easy and quick – and usually we have these ingredients at home without going out.
PREP TIME: 20 min
NEED: baking sheet/pan
- large potato, peeled
- large yam (sweet potato, same size as potato), peeled
- few tbsp of oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- pinch of chili powder if you like spicy
- Preheat over, top broiler, to 220C (430F)
- In the meantime, cut potato and yam lengthwise, first in slices and then in strips
- Place vegetables in the bowl, sprinkle with oil and salt and massage until they are well and equally covered
- For the sauce: mix mayo and ketchup together
- Place in the preheat over on the baking sheet and bake for 15 min.
PAIR WITH: serve with ketchup-mayo sauce