Sweet Potato Baked Fries
Healthy and quick snack or side for a meal!
Who doesn’t like yams -also called sweet potatoes ?
In addition to their sweet and starchy taste, these root vegetables are a rich source of fibre as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C. This is a quick recipe and work if you have only one potato !
PREP TIME: 20min
NEED: baking sheet, oven
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp of good oil
- pinch of salt and chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven (grill) to 200C
- Peel potato and cut lengthwise in 1cm sticks
- Place in a bowl, sprinkle with oil, salt and chili and shake until covered equally
- Bake on grill option (upper heat) 200C for 15 min. Check and turn around after 7 minutes.
PAIR WITH: mayo+hot ketchup sauce, meat, burger, sandwich