Porkneck Meat in Tomato Mushroom Sauce
My husband once surprised me with this recipe and since then I love this. It is a good idea if you have more people over but I also make it for just two of us and freeze portions. The meat is melting in your mouth, so soft, delicate and tasty.
PREP TIME: 60 min + 90 min bake time
NEED: 20x30cm (8x12in) baking pan (best glass or ceramic), frying pan
- 1 kg pork neck meat, cut in 1cm slices
- 0.5 kg onion, cut in strips
- 1kg mushroom, sliced
- 2 tbsp flower
- oil for frying
- 0.5 kg tomato puree
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp sweet pepper powder
- 2 tbsp dry basil
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of chili
- Preheat oven t0 200C (390 F)
- Pound pork meat (#1) both sides, each slice, dredge in flour and fry on oil both sides each about 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onion (#2) on oil until soft, for few minutes. Set aside.
- Fry mushroom (#3) on oil, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix together tomato puree, garlic and spices (#6-11).
- Add layers to the baking pan, starting with onions, then meat and mushroom.
- Pour over the sauce, evenly.
- Cover the baking pan and place in the over.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Let cool in the over for about 30 min, uncovered, then serve.
PAIR WITH: Potatoes, pasta, rice, barley, couscous, bread