Eggplant Zucchini Coconut Curry
This is a very easy recipe for a vegetable curry that can be enriched with turkey or chicken breast if you are like meat. It really takes so fast to make, is very healthy, you can basically experiment with variety of vegetables. As you can tell from my other recipes, I am huge fan of Asian food, Thai food – in this case, and those cuisines inspire my cooking every day.
Try this one and let me know what you think, do not prepare for veggies in advance, the recipe is written that way you can prepare as you go and the prep time is really short if you follow me.
NEED: 5 l / 5 qt pot with lid
- 5 tbsp oil
- Onion (150g), cut in cubes
- Carrot (350g), cut in slices
- Red bell pepper (300g), cut in strips
- Eggplant (350g), cut in cubes
- Zucchini (500g), cut in cubes, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp curry paste (your choice depending on your your spice level) or 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400g turkey breast, cut in strips
- Bunch of fresh cilantro
- Add 4 tbsp of oil to your pot and heat up on low
- Cut onion in cubes, add to oil, sautÃ© for 3 min
- Meanwhile, cut carrot in 1/4 inch slices, add to the pot, sautÃ© for 6 min
- Meanwhile, cut bell pepper to thin strips, add to the pot, sautÃ© for 3 min
- Meanwhile, prepare zucchini, remove seeds/spongy core, and cut in 1cm (1/2 inch) cubes, add to the pot, sautÃ© for 3 min
- Meanwhile, cut eggplant in 1cm (1/2 inch) cubes, do not remove seeds, add to the pot
- Add curry paste, coconut milk, salt, bring to boil and simmer for 10 min, covered.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and 1/4 lime juice squeezed over just before serving.
*I prepare 2 cups of jasmine rice cooked for 10 min with 4 cups of water for this portion, and serve on the side in the bowl or plate.
PAIR WITH: rice, noodles, but it is good served just alone