Polish-Asian Fried Rice with Veggies & Bacon ‘Lankan-style’
I love Asian stir fries. I love Asia. Maybe I love Asia cause I love their foodies. And it’s not about rice or veggies, but the spices they use that makes food so special and tasty and aromatic.
I love to cook and I love when recipes are easy and ingredients are widely accessible. In this case, I have all of them in my kitchen drawer.
This recipe I wrote down reminds me of travelling in Sri Lanka, so why don’t you try it and let me know what you think :)
PREP TIME: 20 min
- 1/2 cup of Jasmine rice
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 100g of bacon, cut in thin ‘lardons’ or slices
- 2 cups frozen ‘Chinese’ veggie mix (carrot, onion, leek, red bell pepper, bamboo root, bean sprouts) or fresh ones
- Sauce mix:
- 1 tsp dried cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp sweet pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp ginger
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Rinse 1/2 cup of Jasmine rice until water runs clear, add 1 cup of water, 1 tsp of salt, bring to boil and simmer for 10 min covered. remove the lid once cooked to release steam.
- While rice is cooking, get you wok with oil and chili and heat it up (remember to heat up chili in cold oil, of you add chili powder to hot oil it will burn)
- Keep your wok on high heat, add bacon and veggies, stir them all the time for about 5-10 min (time depends on whether you use frozen of fresh veggies)
- Rice should be cooked by now, add rice and keep stirring while on high heat for another few minutes.
- Add sauce mix, stir in well and fry for another few minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.