Breaded Garlic Yellow Flat Beans
Yellow flat beans also called Romano beans are in season in the summer and very popular in polish cuisine for their soft and delicate taste. They are actually very easy to grow in the home garden so many folks plant them. From few seeds you cam get a bunch of beans with really little work.
This is a very easy recipe which you can follow for other veggies too since it required some oil, bread crumbs and low heat ‘frying’ some of you will think of health benefits and wether it is still healthy, but once you try it, you will not resist.
And – beans are super healthy after all.
PREP TIME: 15 min
- 500g yellow flat beans
- 2 garlic gloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil or clarified butter
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Bring water with flat beans to boil and cook on low heat until al dente (5 minutes, but depend on your veggies), then drain.
- In the meantime, put oil or butter into a pan, add garlic (and chili flakes) and heat up. Simmer stirring for fee minutes until garlic softens. *adding garlic to cold oil helps release the taste and smell slowly into the fat, then to food instead of burning it
- Add bread crumbs and simmer for another few minutes until golden brown
- Remove from heat, Add drained beans, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
PAIR WITH: other vegetables, fish or meat