Buckwheat & Lentil Greek-style Salad Recipe
It must be summer because all these salad ideas and hunger for healthy fresh food comes in. Although I am a big fan of food and eating at all times, I do feel I have this natural drive for what my body needs. I was just laying down on a couch after a busy day at work, and I started to think about what I want to eat, and lentils and barley came first. I remember this peeled barley salad that I used to make, but I tweaked barley to buckwheat and added lentils. The rest of it is just greek-style veggies as I feel like eating greek salad since early morning, but couldnâ€™t fit it in my menu today. And here we go – I have this awesome super healthy and delicious recipe for you!Â
PREP TIME: 1h
NEED: 2 L/ 2 qt bowl
- 1/2 cup buckwheat, cooked, chilled
- 1/2 cup green lentils, cooked, chilled
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion/green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chili (optional), chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch of salt/pepper
- Cook lentils and buckwheat according to directions. Lentils 30-40 min, buckwheat 15 min. Drain and chill. Â Best is to refrigerate overnight sprinkled with olive so it doesn’t â€˜stickâ€™ together.
- Place all ingredients (1-8) in a bowl and mix together.
- Prepare dressing (ingredients 9-13), mix well together and add to the bowl with salad.
- Best served chilled, but can be served right away.
PAIR WITH: fresh crusty bread or baguette, mixed greens, lettuce