Spinach Shakshuka Recipe
Itâ€™sÂ 11am on SundayÂ and i just stepped in the kitchen to prepare some meal. Since its late in the day i need a brunch menu. My NYC friend has send me a photo of what she made and I decided to give it a try – Today I am making Shaksuka.
Ingredients for 2 people:
-1 small onion, 30g, chopped
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1/2 small bell pepper, 50g, chopped
-1 small tomato, 50g, chopped
-4 tbsÂ tomato puree
-Handful of spinach
-1/4 tsp of: cumin, paprika, basil, salt, pepper
-Vegetable oil (for frying)
-Green onions to garnish
1. Heat oil and add onion, garlic and bell pepper – saute for few minutes on medium heat.
2. Add spices, salt, pepper – cook for 1 min
3. Add tomato puree, then tomatoes and bring to boil, simmer for 8 min.
4. Add spinach and stir together
Make 2-3 wells and pouch eggs into each.
5. Cook covered for another 5-8 minutes (until eggs are ready)
6. Sprinkle green onions and serve
Bread, toasts, rice, kuskus,