Polish Potato Salad Recipe
Again – polish meal based on the country favorite vegetable – potato. And again mayo and oil all over. But how can I not share it, if it tastes sooo good and these young fresh potatoes with skins are best for it in the summer time.
I usually make this salad to go with BBQ meats and vegetables, and these pictures are from preparation for my Grandpa 90th birthday Â garden party 🎈.
PREP TIME: 1h (+ 8h to cool potatoes overnight)
- 1 kg young potatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onions (chives), dill (optional) and white onion
- 3-4 cucumbers in brine
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cupÂ mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt/pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- Cook potatoes with skins (if young and soft, otherwise peel), drain, cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut potatoes in bite size and place in the big bowl and sprinkle with oil (this way they will â€˜drinkâ€™ less mayo). Shake or stir gently to cover potatoes in oil.
- Chop onion, green onions and dill. Add to potatoes.
- Cut cucumber in brine in 1cm (1/2 inch) pieces and drain to remove excess juice. Add to potatoes.
- Make sauce from mayo, mustard, yogurt,Â salt, pepper. Add to potatoes.
- Mix well but gently enough not to mush the potatoes.
PAIR WITH: meat, grilles sausages, other vegetables, eat alone