Polish Potato Salad Recipe
Again – polish meal based on the country favorite vegetable – potato. And again mayo and oil all over. But how can I not share it, if it tastes sooo good and these young fresh potatoes with skins are best for it in the summer time.
I usually make this salad to go with BBQ meats and vegetables, and these pictures are from preparation for my Grandpa 90th birthday garden party 🎈.
PREP TIME: 1h (+ 8h to cool potatoes overnight)
- 1 kg young potatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onions (chives), dill (optional) and white onion
- 3-4 cucumbers in brine
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt/pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- Cook potatoes with skins (if young and soft, otherwise peel), drain, cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut potatoes in bite size and place in the big bowl and sprinkle with oil (this way they will ‘drink’ less mayo). Shake or stir gently to cover potatoes in oil.
- Chop onion, green onions and dill. Add to potatoes.
- Cut cucumber in brine in 1cm (1/2 inch) pieces and drain to remove excess juice. Add to potatoes.
- Make sauce from mayo, mustard, yogurt, salt, pepper. Add to potatoes.
- Mix well but gently enough not to mush the potatoes.
PAIR WITH: meat, grilles sausages, other vegetables, eat alone