Pasta in Creamy Asparagus & Chicken Recipe
Green veggies back on the table today. Healthy asparagus and skinny chicken to balance with cream.
PREP TIME: 15 min
-150g od tagliatelle pasta
-200g of fresh asparagus, cut in 2 inch (4 cm) pieces
-100g chicken breast, cut in 1 inch (2 cm) cubes
-onion (100g), cut lengthwise (in feathers)
-5 garlic cloves, sliced lengtwise
-50g parmesan cheese, shredded
-half cup of heavy cream (30%)
-1 tbsp fresh or dry dill
-oil for frying
1. Bring water to boil for pasta, and cook al dente according to directions.
2. Heat up oil with onions in the wok. Medium heat, stirring, simmer for 5 min or until onion is quite soft.
3. In a separate pan, cook asparagus in salted water, boil for 5 minutes, then drain.
4. Add chicken and cook on medium heat for another 6 min, then add asparagus and garlic and cook for another 3 min.
5. Add cream with dill spoon of salt, bring to boil stirring all the time to avoid burning. It should start bubbling.
6. Add pasta (should be ready by now, still hot) using pasta utensil from the pot to the wok. Do not drain or rinse the pasta. Mix with creamy sauce while on medium heat. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until bubbly.
7. Serve on soup plate or in a bowl. Season with pepper, spoon of olive oil and 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese per portion.