Sri Lankan Fried Noodles Recipe
Another not at all polish recipe.
PREP TIME: 10-15min
1. 700g vegetable mix (chopped/cut in sticks)
Red/green bell pepper
2. 500g egg noodles ‘filini pasta’
3. Vegetable Oil
4. 1 chili + pinch of chili powder
5. Spice sauce mix (mix together)
1 tsp tamarind paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp tomato concentrate
1 tbsp curry
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp sweet pepper
1/2 tsp ginger
6. Green onions/scallions
1. Chop vegetables unless you use frozen mix
2. Cook pasta in salty water according to cooking directions – al dente and drain a colander, add oil to it doesn’t stick together.
3. In a meantime in a wok, place onion, chili and chili powder in cold 4 tbsp of oil, heat up
4. Add veggie mix and stir fry 3-5 min (frozen twice as long). If you see the mix is too dry – keep adding more oil.
5. Add pasta, mix well (while stir fry)
6. Add spice sauce, stir fry constantly stirring for another 3-4 min. All ingredients should be well covered in spices and oil.
7. Serve and sprinkle with green onions cut in 1 inch, chives, scallion
What can go wrong: 1. pasta is overcooked and everything is sticky, 2. if you feel it is ‘missing’ taste- add more salt
PAIR WITH: fried chicken, scrambled eggs, salty fish, steamed fish, fried fish, kimchi, salad, fried pork, fried ground meat