Creamy Ginger-Orange Squash Soup
Today – one of my favorite creams. as usual – maybe because Im not there yet in my life or life is too exciting to do other things – an easy recipe. So I get the soup ready under half an hour.
Very healthy, warming up dish on a cold day, but today it’s a warm one and I’m still up for it because it’ sooo tasty.
PREP TIME: 25 min
-1 small squash, peeled, seeded, cut in 2cm cubes (500g)
-1 medium onion, cut into small pieces (100g)
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup orange juice
-1 tbsp curry
-1 tbsp salt
-2 tbsp oil
1. Blend onion and ginger in a food processor, put into cold oil in a 2l pot, warm up and simmer for 3 min
2. Blend squash in a food processor, add to the pot, simmer for 5 min
3. Add water, salt, curry and bring to boil, cook for 10min
4. Use hand blender, put in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
5. Add sour cream and orange juice. Bring to boil stirring ale the time and cook for 1 minute.
If too thick, keep adding 50g of water and stir until you reach desired thickness. It depends on how watery the squash is.
SERVE WITH: toasted bread, toasted pumpkin seeds, baguette, sprinkle with cilantro.